Bon Weekend, I hope you had a great week and a better weekend planned! Christmas festivities are in full swing and I’m almost finished with school for the semester… that calls for a celebration itself. My little guy was under the weather for a couple of days but is feeling much better. We’re hoping to partake in a couple holiday events around town this weekend.
A delicious cocktail for your soirée…
Cranberry Ginger Fizz Cocktail
Ingredients: 4 cocktails
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup water
1 cup fresh cranberries
1 lemon, cut into wedges
½ orange, cut into slices
1½ cups dry gin – Bombay Sapphire, Beefeater or Tangueray suggested
1 cup chilled Ginger Ale
4 mint springs
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; pour off all but one cup of syrup, reserving any extra for another use.
- Heat the syrup to a boil and then reduce heat to medium. Add the cranberries and simmer for 2-3 minutes until they just begin to burst. Remove from heat and let cool in syrup.
- Place 2 Tablespoons drained cranberries and 6 Tablespoons cranberry syrup in a large pitcher; add the lemon wedges and orange slices.
- Using a muddler or wooden spoon, vigorously mash the fruit.
- Stir in gin and let steep for at least 5 minutes.
- Strain into a medium pitcher.
- Fill 4 glasses with crushed ice and ¼ cup ginger ale.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and then pour half the cranberry mixture into the shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds, strain liquid into two glasses. Repeat.
- Mound additional ice on top of each glass and garnish with 3 candied cranberries and a mint sprigs. Cheers!
Wishing you a wonderful weekend!