1. A good oil doesn’t leave your skin oily but sinks in while hydrating and giving you a beautiful summer glow. This one is fantastic! I received a sample at my dermatologists office and, although it’s not fancy, it works great. Besides, I don’t always want a scent when I plan to wear a certain fragrance.
2. A body scrub is essential to remove the dead layers to reveal glowing summer skin. This one has a lovely scent and leaves your skin smooth and polished. I typically use this in the evening before bed and the pistache scent leaves me dreaming of French pâtisseries. It also has a creme as well!
3. This firming and hydrating mask leaves skin, well, firm and hydrated. It’s recommended to use it 1-3 times per week but I find once is enough.
4. Sun hats are a must to protect your delicate facial skin, especially on the beach. This one is my favourite, another here.
5. Having fine hair, although a lot of it, I am skeptical of applying an oil; however, I read a good review somewhere and decided to try it and I’ve been using it since. It’s leaves my hair soft, hydrated, and shiny, plus it doesn’t weigh it down. This is especially a bonus in the St. Louis humidity.
6. Sun protection is the foundation for healthy, beautiful skin. I’ve read really wonderful things about this organic line and fell in love with it. The collection is vegan, gluten free, and coral reef safe. It’s also free of parabens, propylene glycol, sodium laurel sulfate, oxybenzone, retinyl palmitate, petrolatum, synthetic colors and fragrances. All packaging is BPA free and recyclable. Another favourite line here.
7. I’ve always believed beauty begins from the inside. Green smoothies have been a staple for me for a couple of years now and I believe they give me clear, glowing skin surpassing what any beauty product promises or delivers, plus I have more energy than what I could get from Starbucks or an energy drink. Bonus: I have consumed 75% of the recommended amount of fruits and veggies by mid-morning. This helpful chart gives you multiple options. Soon you will be coming up with your own…
Posted on June 24, 2014
Summer Beauty Essentials, Part 1Fashion
Now that summer has arrived, I have accumulated my tried, tested, and true foundation beauty products. Before the skin perfecting make-up, sunless tanner and bronzers, there are products that are used first to help them achieve optimal performance. Although I like to try new products, I have old favourites that I continue to use year after year.
If you would like help in creating a home you love, please contact me at Brenda@atelierdhautedesign.com