Last week I began a Summer Beauty Essentials series and wrote about my foundation products. Today, I will tell you my favourite make-up, hair, and nail products.
1. I’m not a fan of thick make-up. I prefer a sheer coverage and love this BB cream from Guerlain. It’s gives a flawless coverage and evens skin tone while protecting skin with an SPF 30. Another wonderful version that is feather light and extra hydrating is available here.
2. Foundation, powder, blush, and bronzers are products I focus on most. I want products that don’t turn shades, crease, or fade throughout the day. Although, I don’t want to shimmer like a disco ball, I do appreciate a glimmer here and there and Dior Nude shimmer, available here, gives me a subtle, healthy shimmer. I’m also a fan of this bronzer.
3. This blush by Chantecaille is a favourite. It disperses just the right amount, giving that perfect “flushed” look every time. The combined blush/brush duo packaging is perfect for travel and it’s refillable. Another favourite (also refillable) here.
4. This waterproof mascara from Dior is a cult favourite and it’s easy to see why – easy application, never clumping or smudging, it’s perfection across the board. A close favourite here with more colours available.
5. Lip glosses are a staple on my dressing table and in my handbag during the summer months. I have more than I care to count (or want to admit to owning) and Chantecaille’s are brilliant. The colours stay true, hydrating, and long lasting, even with multiple sips of Starbucks or other beverages. The best part, they don’t melt when I leave them in my car. This product is great for SPF protection.
6. Get beautiful bombshell beach waves with Oribe’s Aprés spray. This antioxidant and exotic oil-infused mist gives me tousled locks without the stiffness that other products do. I’m also a fan of their texturizer.
7. A palette of long wearing and saturated colours, often lasting over a week, YSL polishes are another cult favourite.